Erasmus+ is an EU programme to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe. Its budget of €14.7 billion will provide opportunities for over 4 million Europeans to study, train, gain experience, and volunteer abroad.
Erasmus+ offers opportunities for:
- around 2 million higher education students
- around 650 000 students and apprentices through vocational education and training
- around 800 000 lecturers, teachers, trainers, education staff and youth workers
- more than 500 000 young people through volunteer and students exchange schemes
- around 200 000 students through Master’s degree loan guarantees
- around 200 000 students through joint master’s degree programmes
- around 25 000 strategic partnerships
- more than 150 Knowledge Alliances
- more than 150 Sector skill alliances
Who can take part?
Individuals such as students, interns, youngsters, adults, volunteers, teachers, trainers, workers and professional organizations in the areas of educational and vocational training can take part in many of the opportunities funded by Erasmus+, although most will have to do so through an organisation taking part in the programme. The eligibility of individuals and organisations depends on the country in which they are based.
Eligible countries are divided into two groups, Programme countries and Partners countries. Although Programme countries are eligible for all actions of Erasmus+, Partner countries can only take part in some, and are subject to specific conditions.
What is available in BiH?
Components of Erasmus+ Programme available in BiH:
- Lifelong Learning
- High Education